Holla! What is up, my friends? School's been crazy. Big surprise. Right now I'm on campus procrastinating writing my religion paper. I have to write a paper addressed to seminary students about why marriage is important. Perhaps they should tell me. Anyways, I kind of love stumbleupon.com, and here are some of the gems I've discovered lately. Enjoy.
Also, as I've been researching Utah and national statistics on child pornography and cyberbullying, I've been shocked at the things I've discovered. For instance, did you know:
- The pornography industry is a $97 billion business worldwide
- Every 39 minutes, a new pornographic video is made in the United States.
- Nearly 80 percent of unwanted exposure to pornography is taking place in the home
- Seven out of ten youth have accidentally come across pornography online
- Research indicates that 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before adulthood
- One in seven kids received a sexual solicitation online.
- 13 percent of 2nd-3rd grade students report that they used the Internet to talk to people they do not know, 11 percent report having been asked to describe private things about their body and 10 percent have been exposed to private things about someone else's body.
- 43% of teens aged 13 to 17 report that they have experienced some sort of cyberbulying in the past year.
- More girls are cyberbullys than boys (59% girls and 41% boys)
- 81% of youth agree that bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.