Today is one of my favorite holidays! I love Halloween. A time to imagine that all is not as it seems, to experience the rush of being scared out of your mind. To dress up and pretend to be somebody different. So much fun.
Here's how I celebrated:
1) Carving pumpkins! We carved some as an FHE group (best group eva if I say so myself. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the leader :) and I also carved some with Kristen and Leah (we had Brick Oven deliver to us a block away. Don't worry about it). Best part about carving pumpkins? Eating the roasted seeds afterwards. Mmmm.
2) Haunted houses! Tonight I'll be going to my 3rd haunted house for the month. Yep. I also went to Awakening and Insanity Point. Both were really good. I love being scared out of my mind. The chainsaw guys are the worst.
|creepy machete man|
3) Dressing up and going to parties. This year I was a Hawaiian girl and Leslie Knope. Pretty awesome if I say so myself. I also went to my ward Halloween party, which was a ton of fun, as well as a work party and some other little get-togethers.
|Jessica as Katniss = my favorite|
|Hi, I'm Leslie Knope. And I'd like to run for Pawnee City Council.|
4) Scary movies. I've been watching one every night until Halloween. Here are a list of my favorites. Some are more campy than scary, but classics all the same :)
- Young Frankenstein
- The Shining
- Hocus Pocus
- The Ring
- Teen Witch
- Nightmare before Christmas
Happy Halloween everyone!