Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 10

My Health

Today there is a benefit concert for Haley Stonehocker, a wonderful 18-year-old woman who is battling two horrible, incurable diseases. Just hearing her story made me want to cry. She has so much life ahead of her, but she can't do anything with it. this makes me so grateful for every day that I am able to do something that I love. Or even that I don't love (geography paper, I'm looking at you).

I don't have the perfect body or the perfect health. But I am strong enough to live my life. I don't have any crippling diseases or conditions. I need to take better care of myself, because hearing stories like Haley's makes me realize how grateful we have to be for each second that we are healthy enough to keep moving forward, because it may not be like that forever.

Maybe I should actually start playing basketball :)
I'm taking a yoga class next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment