Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

School, Wonderful School

First week and a half of school is officially over. It feels like a month. The Enough Is Enough / UCCP "Power in Prevention" conference is only a week away, and it's been crazy trying to get ready for it. Now I really understand the stress involved in doing PR for a big event and the launch of an organization statewide. It'll be great once it's over (and successful!) but right now I sometimes forget that I'm taking 15 other credits as well. I'll post more about the event in a few days - I really want to get the word out about this wonderful program that's taking over my life.

I really like my schedule this semester though. My film class is awesome, I power-nap in flexibility, my first paper was about Harry Potter in my Pop Culture class, and I get paid to plan the big Adobe corporate event in my Event Planning class. My only challenging classes will be my PR writing class, where I still have to find a non-profit to do PR work for the semester, and my editing class, where I already have my first test this week.

Other things I've been up to:

  • Getting an internship!!! I finally heard back from Edelman. I'm going to Los Angeles this summer! I can't even tell you how stoked I am. It's going to be such a great opportunity. I'm working for EDELMAN. (Which is only one of the largest and most successful PR firms in the nation. Nbd.). I feel like a legitimate public relations person now. hahaha.
  • Becoming chair of the service council at church. God must have known I needed to do some more service in my life. Or something.
  • Computer #2 has officially died. It was an old Mac Powerbook I rented from campus. It didn't even last a week. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I couldn't have been more gentle with that ancient thing.
  • Mourning the loss of the "Daily" Universe, which is now switching to a weekly publication. More specifically, I'm mourning the loss of the 8 full-time staff members, which I think is wholly unnecessary. It was editors like Kaye and Rich that made my experience at the DU such a positive one. 
  • Speaking of which, here is my final story in the Daily Universe. It's a riveting piece about LDS online dating.
I'm going to try and blog every day from now on, per my New Year's goal. Let's see how long this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment