Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

F!N@L$ W33K

So instead of studying, I'm blogging, of course.

Although I really only have one actual final. And a project due Wednesday. And I have to be moved out by Friday. I'm the worst.

Obviously, life has been pretty insane lately. So here's just a super quick update of everything:

  • The Adobe Summit  was a great experience. It was really enlightening to see just how much planning and effort goes into throwing off a big corporate event like this. It was hard work, but I got paid to see Foster the People (who were really good! Helena Beat is probably my favorite song.) and got free Skullcandy speakers, so I can't complain. 
The sign outside the Salt Palace

Us girls working at the Canyons, where we got to stay for free



  • The Hunger Games! I've seen it twice and I loved it. Even more than the books. I know, I know, blasphemy. But I thought that Jennifer Lawrence was amazing, that the added scenes added an emotional layer, and I even loved the cinematography, included the "shaky cam." I thought it showed Katniss's perspective really well, and showed the violence without getting too graphic and glorifying it. Stanley Tucci was another standout. I think the reason I liked the movie so much more was that it showed the themes of the story without all the silly romance stuff getting in the way, and showed how much of a heroine Katniss really was without all the inner monologuing I didn't enjoy in the books. The soundtrack is equally amazing.
  • This month in PR: Bradley is officially over! We had our trade show and even though Enough Is Enough didn't win, we still had a great semester and I'm so grateful to the girls on my team. AUDIO-FILES got second place though, which was pretty awesome. If you don't know what AUDIO-FILES is, you need to check it out, especially if you like good music. It's a new show by BYUtv, but it's unlike anything they've done before. The first episode, featuring Imagine Dragons, is stellar. Check out an exclusive music video:
 

  • I officially start my internship in a week! I'm actually pretty nervous. I've never really been to Los Angeles and I don't know what to expect. I've been pinning all the things I want to do, though. Basically I just want to be a Hollywood geek tourist and visit all the studios. WB is showing the Harry Potter exhibit at their studio, which I really want to go to. I also have an apartment to myself this summer, so please come and visit me! I'm being dead serious. I'll get lonely.
That's about it for now. I'm going to try to blog more frequently this summer, since I'll actually have time to. Also, starting tomorrow, I'm going to start a new segment, called "This Week in Pop Culture," which will highlight all the pop culture things I'm obsessed with for the week. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment