Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012: Pop Culture Edition

And of course, we have my obligatory pop culture "Best Of" lists. It was actually harder than I thought to narrow these down, but Top 10 lists require ruthlessness. So here it is.

Best Albums of 2012

10. The Heavy, The Glorious Dead


9. Passion Pit, Gossamer


8. Japandroids, Celebration Rock


7. Two Door Cinema Club, Beacon


6. Frank Ocean, channel ORANGE


5. Of Monsters and Men, My Head Is An Animal


4. Fun., Some Nights


3. The Killers, Battle Born


2. Mumford and Sons, Babel


1. Imagine Dragons, Night Visions/Continued Silence EP
     - Imagine Dragons wins number one since they were my most played artist this year by far. Definitely my go-to band when I wanted to de-stress or needed a pick-me-up, which was like, all the time.



Best Films of 2012

10. Looper
9. The Hunger Games
8. Lincoln
7. The Queen of Versailles
6. Beasts of the Southern Wild
5. Life of Pi
4. Wreck-It Ralph
3. Silver Linings Playbook
2. The Avengers
1. Moonrise Kingdom

Best TV Shows of 2012

10. Bunheads
9. Louie
8. Breaking Bad
7. Revenge
6. New Girl
5. The Legend of Korra
4. Parenthood
3. Parks and Recreation
2. The Vampire Diaries
1. Community

Best Books I Read This Year

I didn't read that many books this year, but luckily the ones I did read were pretty good. 

7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
6. The Chocolate Wars by Robert Cormier
5. Son by Lois Lowry
4. The Diviners by Libba Bray
3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling
2. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
    - Deserves every award it will win this next year. It's a book about cancer, yet not overly sentimental. But it still had me in tears. Just a really real book about kids in a situation they can't control. Just stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment