Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

oh hello again

I'm the worst type of blogger in the blogosphere (bloggersphere? bloggycircle?) for several reasons: 1) I don't post with any sort of consistency, 2) I mainly blog about myself, treating this as an egotistical journal, and 3) I don't ever tap into the "current events" of the day, making this a fairly useless social commentary blog or thing for other people to read, in general.

That's kind of changed somewhat, as I now write about pop culture every Sunday at The Wannabes, a new pop culture commentary blog started by my friend Amanda. Over there I discuss Really Important and Serious Topics such as Harry Potter, Korean Dramas, BookCon, and TV Dads. The rest of The Wannabes contributors have interesting things to say though, so you should check it out anyway. 

As for this blog, I'm going to continue to post about whatever I want (aka myself. duh.) whenever I want because it's my blog and no one can stop me. Mwahaha. 

So with all that being said, here's what's been going on in my life lately. 

...Basically nothing. 

Just kidding. I looked through my photos and turns out some things did happen. Blast my short-term memory. See why this blog is necessary, even if only I read it?

I visited Utah! And got to see all these lovely people for the first time in a year. I miss them again already. NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO VISIT.

Kat and I made a Memorial Day excursion to D.C. Just chilling on the Capitol Lawn for a concert. 

Visited the best museum of all time. I could have spent all day in the newspaper archives room. No exaggeration.

Hollie graduated!

And then came and visited me for her birthday. It was fun to have her and Mom here for a weekend and show them my city. 

Cheese train. 

I love Coney Island. I've already been here like 3 times this summer. 

Fourth of July happened. Mostly I marathoned Orange is the New Black the whole day (THANKS RAIN), but ventured out to Sunset Park at night to get a decent view of the fireworks. With the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline in the background, nbd. 

I got a bike! And traveled like 26 miles this past weekend, because I'm a crazy person and don't need to have functioning legs. (Seriously, everything is sore). The Rockaways were beautiful though, so...WORTH IT.

Girls and Orange is the New Black came and filmed at our offices. Perks of having one of the best views of Times Square in your conference room, I guess. All I know is that Natasha Lyonne's hair really is that fabulous. 
That's about it for now. We'll see when I post on here again. I'm so unpredictable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment