- the most faithful to the book and good quality HP film so far. The previous films have either fit into two categories: there were either really faithful to the books but not the best quality film (1 & 2) or good quality films that left out a lot of important plot points (3, 5, & 6). (Movie 4 was neither. That's one I block out of my memory.) But HP7 Pt. 1 was the first film that was both. The things it left out (Lupin's scene, Kreacher's tale, Dudley's stupid line) weren't missed at all. Some parts were even better than the book.
- the ministry scene, the locket scene, the dance between Harry and Hermione, the Godric's Hollow scene (I jumped both times I saw it haha) and the Malfoy Manor scenes
- that this movie felt different from the others - they weren't in Hogwarts anymore, the trio had to fend for themselves, it was slower paced, etc.
- the acting of the trio. Dan's been solid for a while now, Rupert finally had a chance to show his acting chops and show a side of his character we haven't seen before, and Emma - oh my goodness can that girl act. Totally stole every scene she was in (which was pretty much the whole movie). When she cried, I cried. So good.
- I LOVED that they had things in there only book fans would understand and made no apologies for it. For instance, the shard of Sirius' mirror. At this point, I could care less if you're confused and have no idea what's going on. The books have been out for more than 10 years now. Learn to read.
- Makes me SO excited for Pt. 2. Is it July yet??
In other news... yeah there isn't much other news. I worked all day today. Getting sick of school. Only two more days until Thanksgiving Break and then I'll see my family up in Washington! So excited.