Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

One more hour until Thanksgiving. I love this holiday - the good food, spending time with family, and most importantly, taking the time to remember all the things I am grateful for. Here are just a few:

  • The fact that I am in Washington right now. It may have been one of the dumbest decisions in my life to decide to come up here in the middle of a snowstorm - all the way up. I seriously thought I was going to die several times, like the time we were driving straight through the blizzard and inches of snow, spinning into a ditch, driving through a mountain with about 10 feet of visibility, getting only one hour of sleep in 48 hours... not the funnest moments of my life. Let me tell you, hell will not be fiery and hot, it will be a frozen wasteland. And I feel like I just drove through it. It was a miracle I survived, and I'm so grateful for all your prayers and I know I know someone greater was helping me along the way. But I'm here now! And so grateful to see my family in just a few hours!
  • My family and friends. They support me through anything. I feel like I have someone I can talk to concerning all the different facets of my life, and it's so comforting to know that. 
  • Technology. I would feel so alone if I didn't have a way to stay in touch with everyone.
  • Food. It's delicious. 
  • That I go to BYU. Best decision I ever made. 
  • That I'm in the PR program! Check out my articles for the newsletter on my PR portfolio page. 
  • My church and the gospel. Feel bad this was lower on the list. I don't know where I'd be without it. It's really one of the best comforters I have. I know I complain about some of the culture surrounding the church every now and then, but let's face it, there are much worse cultures I could be complaining about.  
  • Movies and television. Am I sinful for saying this? I just love them. In addition to being a source of entertainment whenever I need it,  film and TV are also just great art forms that display the different emotions and experiences of the human condition in the most wonderful ways. They tell stories and lessons about life in a way that no other medium really can. They literally show us how great or miserable life can be and give us great examples of ways to deal with our circumstances. Of course, some movies and TV shows are more valuable than others.
  • My room! It's seriously amazing. A huge closet, a bookshelf full of stuff, a vanity dresser, a desk, a comfy bed, a clock, sweet decorations, awesome chair, rug, movie posters... all to myself :)
  • corny jokes
  • sarcasm
  • inspirational stories



No comments:

Post a Comment