Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Big Apple Dreamin'

Today marks the two-week wait until I fly into New York City. I still have a million and a half things to do, but since I don't feel like doing any of them, I'm instead going to tell you how pumped I am for the Big Apple.

What I'm looking forward to:
  • The food. Of course this makes the top of my list... Regardless, NYC is the mecca of delicious food from all over the world, so it's basically heaven to a foodie like me. Also, cheesecake. 
  • Working for an awesome PR firm and learning a lot about media relations. Did I mention the office is in Times Square? And their clients include PBS, HBO, and Scholastic Books? Here's a picture several employees took a few months ago. I don't want to brag, but I definitely nagged the best internship in the program.
    LEVAR FREAKING BURTON, people.
  • Mastering the subway system and the whole map of Manhattan. Basically, by the end of these seven weeks I'd be happy to not look like a total noob and at least appear to know where I'm going. 
  • Broadway shows. I really want to see Newsies and Phantom.
  • Seeing something new every day. Whether it's the different cultures, landmarks, or this guy:
  • Yankees game, the Met, Ground Zero, etc... I unashamedly love touristy things. 
  • SHOPPING
  • And of course, hanging out with my awesome BYU friends at the IHouse. It will be a party. SO EXCITED.

What I'm not so much looking forward to :
  • The tiny IHouse dorm room and communal bathrooms. Enough said.
  • Getting lost. Which will happen every day, knowing myself. 
  • The fact that I'll have practically no money out there. I might have to take up a part-time job like this guy to earn some extra cash. 
    stone. cold. statue.

I'm excited to tell you all about my NYC adventures when I finally get out there! I also love restaurant advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment