Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer's End

It's finally here, the last day of summer :( I'm pretty bummed out right now. Still hasn't hit me that I have to go to class tomorrow. It'll probably hit when I have a stack of syllabi and loads of homework due the first week...

It's also doubly sad since this was by far the best summer of my life. I got to travel the world, make great friends, relax, and learn some things about myself along the way, such as:

  • I now have an unhealthy (for my bank account) obsession with traveling.
  • To live life in the moment and take it one day at a time.
  • Things won't always work out the way you're expecting, but it's usually paving the way for something better
  • People are people, no matter where you are
  • It's important to be sensitive of other cultures
  • Being a women is awesome.
  • Don't obsess over things you can't control.
A couple of fun things I've done since California included having a mini study abroad reunion at a huge party at Michael's, going to a Sugarland concert with Kristen and Kailee (it was raining but the stage stayed intact), and seeing a couple of movies (Glee 3D and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Both campy and fun.) Mostly I've just been working. Come get your all-sports passes! Football season should be awesome this year.






I am actually a little excited for school to start. I'm taking the Daily Universe class this year, which I'm  really looking forward to. The PR folks like to make it sound annoying and stressful, but I've always been a journalism girl at heart, so I'm gonna have a good attitude :) Fingers crossed that I can get on the Arts and Entertainment beat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment