Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of the 10 Day Body Image Challenge that the Women's Service Center is throwing. i signed up for this challenge for a couple of reasons. One, because I really want that Beautiful T-shirt you get at the end, and two, because I have quite a lot to work on self-confidence wise. It's no big secret that I've always been insecure about my body and weight, and over time I have come to embrace it little by little, but I definitely still have a lot to work on in that department. I need to reassure myself that I am beautiful, no matter what the world may think.

We're technically supposed to write our thoughts about each challenge in our journal, but since I don't really have a journal (this blog basically counts as it) and since I don't mind sharing my thoughts with you guys, I thought I'd just write it on here. So here goes:

Day 1: write a list of things that you are grateful your body can do
  • I'm grateful that my body is not crippled and that I am able to move freely, and run, jump, swim, or whatever else I choose to do
  • My body allows me to think and utilize my brain to the best of its ability
  • I can write my thoughts, pick up things, use tools, and do many other things with my wonderful hands
  • I'm glad I'm tall and able to reach things
  • I love my freckles and my fair skin
  • My blue eyes allow me to see the beauties of the world and my ears allow me to hear
  • My awesome tongue lets me enjoy chocolate. and cheese.
  • My mouth allows me to say what's on my mind, laugh, and tell rad jokes
  • I can breathe. That's pretty necessary.
  • I'm glad I've never done drugs and alcohol and that my body is free from those addictive and harmful substances
  • I'm thankful for my heartbeats, my lungs, and my nervous system, and all those things that keep me alive and let me enjoy life
Wow, that was easier than I thought :) I'm really excited for the rest of this challenge.

In other news, I had my birthday party with Kailee and Kelly this past weekend! It was a lot of fun, especially seeing Kelly's um, friends. Haha. But I'm glad I could just celebrate with some awesome people and enjoy a nice break from school and work and everything else. (Ugh Anthropology...) Here are some pics from the party. Oh, and I'm still waiting for my presents, mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment