Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4

How much time do you spend getting ready each day? Today, use that same amount of time to get ready on the inside. Meditate, write in your journal, or perform an act of service.

Well, to be honest, I only spend about 15-30 minutes getting ready each day. (The snooze button is my best friend). So I feel that over-stressing about how I look in the morning isn't really a problem I struggle with. But I spent about a half hour today just laying on my bed, listening to music, and thinking about what I really want in life. I came to the conclusion that I need to stop stressing and over-planning like I always do. Hardly anything goes according to my plans, anyway. Life is much more fun and interesting when you're more spontaneous.

Another thing I really thought hard about are my insecurities. I thought about why I'm insecure about certain things, and realized it was because I kept comparing my experiences to the experiences of other people. And I really need to stop doing that. Just because I don't have a boyfriend, or an internship, or a million other things that other people seem to have doesn't mean my life isn't just as exciting or interesting. In fact, I am involved in a lot of interesting things right now. I just need to stop coveting.

"We just get the one life, you know. Just one. You can't live someone else's or think it's more important just because it's more dramatic. What happens matters. Maybe only to us, but it matters." ~ Gwen, Ghost Town

In other news, I find out about PR tomorrow! I'm just trying not to think about it until that (acceptance) letter is in my hands!

Also, you should check out Imagine Dragons. I'm really getting into their music. Listen to All Eyes and Hear Me. They'll be performing at Fork Fest along with Joshua James, Fictionist, Shark Speed, Isaac Russell, and many others. I'm way excited!!



3 comments: